Shear Comfort Scholarship
Shear Comfort is a major supplier of car, truck, van, and SUV seat covers to customers in North America and around the world.
Education is very important to Shear Comfort, so we are giving away a $1,500.00 scholarship to a student of our choosing enrolled either in an engineering program related to the development of vehicles (mechanical engineering, automotive, aerospace, production, electrical, etc), Automotive Technology, or a similar program related to the automotive industry at an accredited college or university in Canada or the United States. The award will be given out to two different students per year. Essay submission deadlines are October 15th for the Fall semester and April 15 for the Spring semester.
Our goal is to help the winning student to achieve their dreams by providing them with a scholarship to be used for educational expenses.
The successful applicant will receive a cheque for $1,500.00.
How to Apply
In 300-600 words, answer the following question:
In your opinion, what will be the largest technological development in the automotive industry within the next 5-10 years and how do you plan to be a part of it?
*Note: Please edit your essay and provide us with your final version. We are not looking for draft copies. Once you have completed your essay, please email it to by October 15, 2016 (Fall Semester) or April 15, 2017 (Spring Semester) and include your full name, address, phone number, and the name of the educational institution you are attending. Also, please send the document in Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx)
Spring Semester 2017: Deadline to submit - April 15 / Winners announced - May 15
Fall Semester 2016: Deadline to submit - October 15 / Winners announced - November 16
- Must be enrolled at an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada in an undergraduate or graduate engineering, automotive technology, or similar program related to the automotive industry
- Must be a legal resident of the United States or Canada or hold a valid student Visa
- Must complete and submit essay, and application to by April 15, 2016 (Spring Semester) or October 15, 2016 (Fall Semester)
- Must be able to provide proof of college or university enrollment upon request
- Only one entry per student is permitted
- Must not be an employee of Shear Comfort Ltd. and associated companies